"Against the darkness, there must a1way5 be a light." -- Tyrin
"The lone wo1f is strong, but nothing compares to 7he might of the pack." -- Drellan
"Strength i2 not everything. Wars can be won at the banquet table, and a single blade of grass can ripple the who1e pond." --Kale
"There is no order without chao5, no good without evil, and no light without shadow. It's knowing the spaces between that gets you results." -- Syrune
"Honor before v1ctory, and victory be2ore death." -- Kelldan
" ... " -- Silence
"Every choice you make has consequences. 3ut every choice you make against me has even worse ones." -- Agathar
"Life is full of secrets. The more you try and unr8vel, the more questions you will find." -- Dalkota
"I am the whispers you hear in the dark. I am the shiver that comes in Autumn nights. I am the eyes you think are watch9ng, and I am the fear that takes all great warriors." -- Zarrock
"An enemy is a friend you hold a grudge against. If we would only for9ive each other, enemies would not exist. Only friends who are just as flawed as you and me." -- Rose
"In my defense, I was left unsupervised." -- Finnican
"Dishonesty doesn't mean you are lying. It means you are hiding the complete truth through lies, or partial-truths, or avoiding the subject altogether." -- Rinka
BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF

You are not connected. Please login or register

TW: Adventures Untold II

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 TW: Adventures Untold II on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Adventures, misadventures, and more. Canon or not canon, these are the tales of The Wild: Reign of Ashes characters in situations that may or may not have happened.

Najmah {A Mighty Wolf/My firstborn} ~ Rinka {Phoenix/Falcon/Queen} ~ Rose {Magi/Wolf} ~  Fayru {Magi/Falcon} ~ Nykoru {Phoenix/Falhawk} ~ Finnican {Falcon/Completely Normal, aka Still won't be a Phoenix} ~ ??? {Identity Locked} ~ Abanak {Shade/Eagle/Lieutenant/Former Assassin} ~ Thalak {The only Grizzly Bear of the ROA herd} ~ Yanuvik {Wolf who hasn't been formally introduced yet} ~ Dante {Another Wolf who hasn't been introduced yet/the 'black sheep' of his pack} ~ Kodi {Wolf dad who has been introduced}

"The moon is beautiful." -{LOCKED}

2 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Half a day's travel from Snow Wolf camp in the Northern Mountains, Najmah came across a thin opening somewhere in the mountains. With the dying light on her back, the She-Wolf peered in. All she saw was darkness.
"I hate how familiar this feels," she muttered to herself as she readjusted her hold on the rocks to keep from slipping down the slope.

@Ruki

Najmah {A Mighty Wolf/My firstborn} ~ Rinka {Phoenix/Falcon/Queen} ~ Rose {Magi/Wolf} ~  Fayru {Magi/Falcon} ~ Nykoru {Phoenix/Falhawk} ~ Finnican {Falcon/Completely Normal, aka Still won't be a Phoenix} ~ ??? {Identity Locked} ~ Abanak {Shade/Eagle/Lieutenant/Former Assassin} ~ Thalak {The only Grizzly Bear of the ROA herd} ~ Yanuvik {Wolf who hasn't been formally introduced yet} ~ Dante {Another Wolf who hasn't been introduced yet/the 'black sheep' of his pack} ~ Kodi {Wolf dad who has been introduced}

3 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Ruki

Wolf
Wildwing wrote:Half a day's travel from Snow Wolf camp in the Northern Mountains, Najmah came across a thin opening somewhere in the mountains. With the dying light on her back, the She-Wolf peered in. All she saw was darkness.
"I hate how familiar this feels," she muttered to herself as she readjusted her hold on the rocks to keep from slipping down the slope.

@Ruki

A small male white wolf trekked through the snow behind a larger coal and silver female wolf. The male let out an obnoxiously long groan before whining. "Aimarra! Face it we're not following the river anymore! We're lost!"

The female's ears dropped in annoyance. "We are not lost, Moon. Our senses are just dampened by the unfamiliar elements." Aimarra kept walking, turning her head to look at the wolf behind her. "It's getting dark, we should probably rest for the night."

Cold, tired, hungry, and a little grumpy, the white wolf let out a huff. The snow had started to get deeper, leaving the smaller wolf to practically bunny hop through it. "I don't see any warm snuggly dens nearby and you are not making me sleep on a boulder again." The white wolf looked towards the slope and froze in place, spotting the lone wolf, his ears dropped in fright but his tail was wagging. "Uh-um-uhh.... Ai-ai-aimarra?" the white wolf pawed towards his sister. "Ai-aimarra there's another wolf."

Aimarra stopped in her tracks and looked to here her brother was looking. She lowered her voice to a whisper. "I don't think they've seen us yet... if we stay quiet maybe we can--"

"HELLO UP THERE!!" the white wolf barked happily from the ground.

"Heira guide us," Aimarra muttered as her doofus brother had yet again attempted to talk to strangers.

4 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Around this time, Najmah had been turning away and spotted the coal wolf first. She hadn't even noticed the smaller white wolf, until the black wolf started talking to the form that she had mistaken for snow. And for a moment, upon seeing these wolves, Najmah thought they were her friends, Juryoku and Rose. But even meters below her, it became apparent just by looking that these were wolves she'd never met before. She was both relieved and disappointed.

If I hurry and swing around that outcrop, maybe they won't see me- Najmah was thinking. She was even starting to move, but it was too late. She froze at the white wolf's call. Crud. She turned slightly back towards the wolves and gave them a half-hearted wave with her front paw. 
What should she do? Ignore them and leave? That's what she wanted to do, but it would look like she was running away. So stay put and wait for them to leave? No, her muscles were already straining keeping her on the mountainside, she didn't want them to give out if she had to wait that long. 

Najmah didn't move from her spot as she pondered her options.

5 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Ruki

Wolf
Wildwing wrote:Around this time, Najmah had been turning away and spotted the coal wolf first. She hadn't even noticed the smaller white wolf, until the black wolf started talking to the form that she had mistaken for snow. And for a moment, upon seeing these wolves, Najmah thought they were her friends, Juryoku and Rose. But even meters below her, it became apparent just by looking that these were wolves she'd never met before. She was both relieved and disappointed.

If I hurry and swing around that outcrop, maybe they won't see me- Najmah was thinking. She was even starting to move, but it was too late. She froze at the white wolf's call. Crud. She turned slightly back towards the wolves and gave them a half-hearted wave with her front paw. 
What should she do? Ignore them and leave? That's what she wanted to do, but it would look like she was running away. So stay put and wait for them to leave? No, her muscles were already straining keeping her on the mountainside, she didn't want them to give out if she had to wait that long. 

Najmah didn't move from her spot as she pondered her options.

Aimarra's posture relaxed, honestly she felt like if this stranger wanted to come after them she would have already done so--and she probably wouldn't have waved back. She sighed and looked to her brother, who beamed at her with trusting eyes and nodded.

"C-can you give us some directions?" the coal wolf called up. "We seem to be..." she sighed at her brother's snickering. "...lost."

6 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Wildwing

Admin
"Uh..."
There seemed to be a lot running through Najmah's mind as she didn't answer for nearly a minute. It was a long silence from her-almost uncomfortably long-when she finally replied with a nod.
"Give me a minute, I'll be right with you!" she called down to the two wolves. She quickly surveyed the area below her for a way down. She could have gone with the safe option of simply climbing down, which would take time but was definitely safer. Instead, after a moment she just seemed to go 'screw it' and leapt down the slope in several bounds, aiming for spots didn't seem as steep while covering large distances at a time. It almost looked as if she were diving down the slope like a bird.
As she leapt down the last stretch of the steep slope, she pulled her lower body forward and hit a patch of snow hind-legs first. Snow sprayed from both sides of her as she slid down for a few seconds, then jumped out of it. Upon hitting the ground, she ran the momentum off before stopping a good distance away from the two wolves.

"So...directions, right? Where are you going?"

As Najmah waited for an answer, she looked over both wolves for signs of violence, such as scars-which grew pale white fur if those areas of flesh still grew fur, and missing patches of skin-like on the ears-and fur. She did this to get a read off of their likeliness to attack. What she saw was...

(I typed out what was going on in Najmah's head during that one minute of silence, but I think I'm going to use that as notes for her character development, or a 'Behind-the-scenes' type post. I'll use it when it feels right. So I saved it and then retyped it into this. That's why I spent an hour on this post. Sorry! Razz )

7 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:25 pm

Ruki

Wolf
Wildwing wrote:"Uh..."
There seemed to be a lot running through Najmah's mind as she didn't answer for nearly a minute. It was a long silence from her-almost uncomfortably long-when she finally replied with a nod.
"Give me a minute, I'll be right with you!" she called down to the two wolves. She quickly surveyed the area below her for a way down. She could have gone with the safe option of simply climbing down, which would take time but was definitely safer. Instead, after a moment she just seemed to go 'screw it' and leapt down the slope in several bounds, aiming for spots didn't seem as steep while covering large distances at a time. It almost looked as if she were diving down the slope like a bird.
As she leapt down the last stretch of the steep slope, she pulled her lower body forward and hit a patch of snow hind-legs first. Snow sprayed from both sides of her as she slid down for a few seconds, then jumped out of it. Upon hitting the ground, she ran the momentum off before stopping a good distance away from the two wolves.

"So...directions, right? Where are you going?"

As Najmah waited for an answer, she looked over both wolves for signs of violence, such as scars-which grew pale white fur if those areas of flesh still grew fur, and missing patches of skin-like on the ears-and fur. She did this to get a read off of their likeliness to attack. What she saw was...

(I typed out what was going on in Najmah's head during that one minute of silence, but I think I'm going to use that as notes for her character development, or a 'Behind-the-scenes' type post. I'll use it when it feels right. So I saved it and then retyped it into this. That's why I spent an hour on this post. Sorry! Razz )

Moonpelt's tail swished as the stranger studied the pair of siblings. His white fur was pristine like fresh snow, free of any dirt or scarring. He was fluffy and looked pretty chubby--surprising for a wolf. His bright hazel eyes seemed to have a sparkle to them. It honestly looked like the poor guy couldn't fight his way out of a reed of cattails.

His sister on the other hand... she was rougher on the eyes. Aimarra was a wall of solid muscle, her ears were perked forward and her poster stiffened and was ready to pounce if Najmah decided to go after her little brother. She had a notch taken out her right ear and old, faded scars on her muzzle with a fresh wound on her shoulder--dried blood still caked the fur around the cut.

"Honestly..." Aimarra started. "I have no idea... we're not from around here..."

"Yeah! We're on our way to find our parents! Well our birth parents, our parents are at home in the south!" Moonpelt barked. "Mama said that she and Papa found us in the river! So we came ALL THE WAY from the south to try to find a wolf camp near a river!"

Aimarra cringed at her brother's outburst, giving a nervous smile to Najmah. "Yeah.... basically," she chuckled nervously and awkwardly.

8 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Wildwing

Admin
After one look at Moonpelt, Najmah knew she wasn't going to be fighting him. Doing so, even if he attacked her, just felt...wrong. Aimarra on the other hand was someone who could give her enough trouble for the both of them.
Najmah mirrored Aimarra's posture with her chin tipped slightly down so that as she held eye contact their eyes were level. The She-Wolf with fur of multiple gray shades was muscular herself, but the coal wolf was a beast compared to her. As for scars, the only significant one she had was just below her shoulder blades that had healed long ago. The rest were old minor wounds with pale white fur growing from them, a few on her shoulders, a couple on her side, and one small line on the right side of her face near the muzzle, but most down her forelegs. But despite an obvious gap in strength, Najmah kept her ears forward and her posture confident.

At Moonpelt's sudden and cheerful contribution, Najmah flinched at the sudden change of tone. As the smaller male spoke, a small smile appeared on her face.
Geez, he's a lot like Rose.
But then as he finished, she had a hard time making sense of this information. After a moment of processing it, she looked at the the two with an odd look. She had so many questions, to say the least.

"...Okay. I think I know what river you're talking about," Najmah finally spoke with her lip curled in thought, "Ya, there's only one river I know of that's that long. But the closest wolf camp is at least half a day's travel to the West... I'm sorry, how would you even survive getting swept down there from up here? Is this some kind of joke?"

9 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Ruki

Wolf
"It's ... way more complicated than that." Aimarra explained. "Our mother told us she found is in the river that flows down from the north in a hollow log. She has no idea how we got there, how long we were there, and neither of us remember anything prior to that. I guess call it divine intervention?"

"I remember something!" Moonpelt chirped. "I remember being carried by the scruff and there was barking.... lots of angry barking," the white wolf's ears drooped in sadness. "And then the wolf that was carrying me and my sister put us in a log and told us to wait and be brave.... then the log fell into the water."

Aimarra rolled her eyes. "I told you Moon, you're thinking of the time Father hid us away on our first hunting trip to lure away a python."

((Can't decide if Dadkota intervened and took them to Velyria where he knew they'd be safe and they really didn't have a float trip from Canada to Louisiana or maybe their dad ran for days and dropped them off near Missouri and T'Sone really did have her pack chase them all that way))

10 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Ruki wrote:"It's ... way more complicated than that." Aimarra explained. "Our mother told us she found is in the river that flows down from the north in a hollow log. She has no idea how we got there, how long we were there, and neither of us remember anything prior to that. I guess call it divine intervention?"

"I remember something!" Moonpelt chirped. "I remember being carried by the scruff and there was barking.... lots of angry barking," the white wolf's ears drooped in sadness. "And then the wolf that was carrying me and my sister put us in a log and told us to wait and be brave.... then the log fell into the water."

Aimarra rolled her eyes. "I told you Moon, you're thinking of the time Father hid us away on our first hunting trip to lure away a python."

((Can't decide if Dadkota intervened and took them to Velyria where he knew they'd be safe and they really didn't have a float trip from Canada to Louisiana or maybe their dad ran for days and dropped them off near Missouri and T'Sone really did have her pack chase them all that way))
((I'm personally leaning towards having their dad drop them off wherever, and them reaching Thornebrook safely. Because if you think about it, Dalkota would have watched over many generations by that point. And I'm not sure how he works, but my idea of him is that he does care for those he watches over, but at the same time he has to both manage his resources for a time when the whole world is in danger and let lives take their own course. I can see him wanting to intervene for someone's good, especially if that someone is young, but at the same time I feel like he's had to let a lot of people go through their experiences, even if those experiences led to their death. But I dunno, I don't RP Dalkota.))
((That said, I can also see him helping in little ways if he doesn't directly intervene and teleport them all the way south. Like using his magic to keep the log afloat if it got damaged, or making the river calmer for the sake of puppy Moon and Aimarra. That's my take of it. Sorry for the long spiel ^.^' ))

Najmah looked at the other wolves flatly, as if she still didn't believe them. But after a moment she said and indulged them anyway.
"Alright, a hollow log from the north. Since you weren't thrown in the river outright, whoever sent you down wanted you alive. But they didn't want you with them," she thought out loud, "Could be for any reason."
She didn't elaborate, but she continued thinking with her eyebrows furrowed. "...Angry barking... If there was angry barking at the time, that could mean there was a fight. Which could be reason enough to hide two pups, but send them down a river? That sounds extreme, unless the fight was a full blown...attack..."
With that last drawn out word, Najmah's eyes widened and she looked fully to Moon and Aimarra with growing horror. She spent a moment looking both of them over one more time. And then, with her ears flattening to her skull, she turned her head away, locked her jaw and swallowed. With shadows cast over her eyes, she spoke again, but this time her voice was softer and she seemed to take the two more seriously than she previously had.
"...It's getting dark. I built a temporary shelter a little ways up, in the mountain side. We should... We should get to it, before the sun finishes setting."

11 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Ruki

Wolf
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:"It's ... way more complicated than that." Aimarra explained. "Our mother told us she found is in the river that flows down from the north in a hollow log. She has no idea how we got there, how long we were there, and neither of us remember anything prior to that. I guess call it divine intervention?"

((I'm personally leaning towards having their dad drop them off wherever, and them reaching Thornebrook safely. Because if you think about it, Dalkota would have watched over many generations by that point. And I'm not sure how he works, but my idea of him is that he does care for those he watches over, but at the same time he has to both manage his resources for a time when the whole world is in danger and let lives take their own course. I can see him wanting to intervene for someone's good, especially if that someone is young, but at the same time I feel like he's had to let a lot of people go through their experiences, even if those experiences led to their death. But I dunno, I don't RP Dalkota.))
((That said, I can also see him helping in little ways if he doesn't directly intervene and teleport them all the way south. Like using his magic to keep the log afloat if it got damaged, or making the river calmer for the sake of puppy Moon and Aimarra. That's my take of it. Sorry for the long spiel ^.^' ))

Najmah looked at the other wolves flatly, as if she still didn't believe them. But after a moment she said and indulged them anyway.
"Alright, a hollow log from the north. Since you weren't thrown in the river outright, whoever sent you down wanted you alive. But they didn't want you with them," she thought out loud, "Could be for any reason."
She didn't elaborate, but she continued thinking with her eyebrows furrowed. "...Angry barking... If there was angry barking at the time, that could mean there was a fight. Which could be reason enough to hide two pups, but send them down a river? That sounds extreme, unless the fight was a full blown...attack..."
With that last drawn out word, Najmah's eyes widened and she looked fully to Moon and Aimarra with growing horror. She spent a moment looking both of them over one more time. And then, with her ears flattening to her skull, she turned her head away, locked her jaw and swallowed. With shadows cast over her eyes, she spoke again, but this time her voice was softer and she seemed to take the two more seriously than she previously had.
"...It's getting dark. I built a temporary shelter a little ways up, in the mountain side. We should... We should get to it, before the sun finishes setting."

Aimarra let out a sigh of relief. "Shelter sounds nice. Lead the way then." 

Moonpelt nodded rapidly in agreement.

12 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Najmah turned away and silently led the two upwards and sideways. They soon came upon her shelter, which was a small dip dug in the icy snow between the mountain side and a shelf of rock that pointed up to the sky. It wasn't a den, but the shelf would protect them from the wind. As she hadn't been expecting company, she'd only made the dip big and deep enough for her alone.

"I'm going to make it bigger, if you'll just wait a bit," Najmah stated. She stepped in the shelter, grabbed the frost-bitten remains of a small mountain goat, and dragged it out in front of Moonpelt and Aimarra. "If you're hungry, go ahead and eat it," she said before she started digging to make the dip wider and a little bit deeper. She would probably be done sooner if she had help, but she didn't think to ask the other two.

13 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Ruki

Wolf
Moonpelt's stomach roared as he eyed the goat, and looked to his sister.

Aimarra halfheartedly chuckled and nodded. "Go for it little brother." She gave a small smile as her brother started to make work of the goat, thankfully whatever blood was left was frozen to prevent staining of his pristine pelt for now.

The she-wolf looked to Najmah digging. She tilted her head for a moment before making her way opposite of the other she-wolf before clawing at the frozen earth. It was obvious from her struggling she wasn't use to dirt being solid, her claws only bringing up crumbs as she worked.

14 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Najmah paused as Aimarra joined her, and then continued digging. She was focusing on her own work, and didn't notice Aimarra's...lack of experience until she was finishing her side a little while later. She had expected Aimarra to be done as well. Instead she did a double take upon seeing that that side barely looked different.
Najmah gave Aimarra a very judgemental look, that turned to exasperation, and then resignation, all before Najmah called Aimarra's attention with a sigh.
"What are you doing? You're scrabbling at the surface like a mouse. You need to score it like you mean it."

15 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Ruki

Wolf
Aimarra's nose scrunched up at the comment but didn't look up from her work. With an agitated grunt she reared up on her hind legs and struck the ground full-force with her front paws--her claws sunk into the earth and as her scoring picked up in pace large hunks of frozen earth started to come up.

16 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Wildwing

Admin
"There you go!" Najmah grinned with a nod of approval. Then she looked to the sky. "Keep at it for a few more minutes, until the sun has completely set. Then we'll settle in and...well...we can figure out where you need to go."
The last part was said softer and not in the confident tone she'd been using until that point. She had been about to say something different, but opted for this instead.
"Uh...little brother dude!" Najmah quickly called to Moonpelt as she turned from Aimarra, "How're you doing on that goat?"

17 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Ruki

Wolf
Wildwing wrote:"There you go!" Najmah grinned with a nod of approval. Then she looked to the sky. "Keep at it for a few more minutes, until the sun has completely set. Then we'll settle in and...well...we can figure out where you need to go."
The last part was said softer and not in the confident tone she'd been using until that point. She had been about to say something different, but opted for this instead.
"Uh...little brother dude!" Najmah quickly called to Moonpelt as she turned from Aimarra, "How're you doing on that goat?"

Moonpelt looked up from the goat. His face was stuffed, a little drool dribbled down his chin, and his fur was started to fade to a light ink in color. He nodded rapidly before diving back into the goat, gnawing on leg bone.

"Don't worry," Aimarra piped up from her hole, that was starting to take shape. "He just eats fast, he's not going to eat the whole thing."

18 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Najmah snorted, and then shrugged as if to say 'Alright, whatever.' And then for the next little bit she just stood off to the side silently going from watching Aimarra dig out the hole, watching Moonpelt devour the goat, and then staring off in the distance.

"...Alright, I think that'll be good enough." It was a sudden break through the sounds of digging and gnawing. Najmah was looking sideways at Aimarra when she said this, but then she turned her gaze on Moonpelt. "The wind picks up very quickly once the sun is down, so the sooner we're settled in, the better."

19 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:13 am

Ruki

Wolf
Moonpelt's tail wagged as he dragged the goat into the hole for his sister to have her turn to get something to eat. He spun in a circle as he started to crouch down, tucking his paws under him. He nestled down and curled his tail around him and simply looked too fluffy and warm to pass up to cuddle on a cold night.

Aimarra chuckled to herself as she ripped off a piece of goat and gestured to Najmah as if to say 'This is all I need' and laid down next her her brother to snack.

((Yes Moonpelt loafs love a cat to sleep <3 )

20 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Wildwing

Admin
(Moonpelt is adorable <3 )

Najmah flickered her ear in acknowledgement to Aimarra. She then grabbed the goat and dragged it back out of the hole to free up some space and set it nearby. As she was doing this, she paused and stared at Moonpelt oddly due to his unnatural movements and sleeping position. Then remembering she had seen weirder things, she shook it off, finished what she was doing, then went back to the other two.
As the two settled in, Najmah paused at the edge of the space. Even with the hole enlarged, it was still a close space for all three wolves. Even if Najmah scooted as far back as she could opposite of the two, there would only be a small gap between her and them. Which might have been okay for anyone else. So she stood there for a moment pondering about what to do. And then, with a long sigh, she crawled in and curled up with her side pressed against the rock that would shield the wolves from the wind. Her pelt was burning and she was grimacing in discomfort. She wished there could be at least a little more space between her and them. But soon her thoughts turned elsewhere.

"Are you sure your birth pack lived up here?" Najmah would softly ask around the time Aimarra finished eating.

21 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:02 am

Ruki

Wolf
Aimarra nodded, her brother already beginning to snore in an oddly cute and charming way.

Aimarra lowered her tone to a whisper. "If you would have seen the wolves we grew up beside. My brother and I tower over them... well he's on the smaller side still he was tall compared to them. And they were longer too... and had huge paws." Aimarra shook her head. "I'm getting side-tracked. Anyways our father was an adventurous wolf and he would come up here all the time. He told us the farther up north you go, the bigger the wolves get... I mean it's all we have to go on..." her tone grew unsure, as if she'd be devastated if she were wrong. She looked at her sleeping brother. She had dragged him all the way, away from his friends and family. She almost had a guilty expression as her ears slumped back in uncertainty.

((Thank you! <3 It's his special talent))

22 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Najmah regarded Aimarra before turning her head away. She was not the most perceptive wolf, but she understood the other's feelings enough to be pained by what information she had to share.
"You know, I never noticed before. But your father is right. ... I've met a lot of different wolf types from all over the entire land. You and your brother look like you belong up here. Not just because of your size, especially in his case. But despite coming from a warmer territory, you look built to withstand harsh winters."
But even as Najmah agreed with Aimarra, and gave the other reason to hope that the sibling pair were closer to finding their birth parents, she spoke as if this information were a grievous thing to know. Her tone was heavy, as if she were saying, 'I'm sorry.'

After a moment, regardless of whether or not Aimarra would start commenting on this new information, Najmah suddenly asked, "Have you heard of an alpha named T'Sone?" while avoiding eye contact with Aimarra.

23 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Ruki

Wolf
Wildwing wrote:Najmah regarded Aimarra before turning her head away. She was not the most perceptive wolf, but she understood the other's feelings enough to be pained by what information she had to share.
"You know, I never noticed before. But your father is right. ... I've met a lot of different wolf types from all over the entire land. You and your brother look like you belong up here. Not just because of your size, especially in his case. But despite coming from a warmer territory, you look built to withstand harsh winters."
But even as Najmah agreed with Aimarra, and gave the other reason to hope that the sibling pair were closer to finding their birth parents, she spoke as if this information were a grievous thing to know. Her tone was heavy, as if she were saying, 'I'm sorry.'

After a moment, regardless of whether or not Aimarra would start commenting on this new information, Najmah suddenly asked, "Have you heard of an alpha named T'Sone?" while avoiding eye contact with Aimarra.

Aimarra shook her head softly. "No.. I can't say I have." Her eyes however lit up as if something in her subconscious was triggered by the name.

24 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Wildwing

Admin
(Alrighty, the information Najmah's about to give Aimarra is subject to change. The main idea will stay the same, but certain details can be changed because I am making stuff up as I go and hoping it fits with what actually happened on T'Sone and Deathhowl's part of the story) (Edit: Not in this post, but in the next one)

"Then you don't know what happened up here..." Najmah breathed out. She glanced to Moonpelt to make sure he was asleep. "I'll get right to the point. If your birth parents lived here, they don't anymore. No one... Well, barely anyone does anymore. To be perfectly honest, you're probably better off going back where you came from."

25 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Ruki

Wolf
Wildwing wrote:(Alrighty, the information Najmah's about to give Aimarra is subject to change. The main idea will stay the same, but certain details can be changed because I am making stuff up as I go and hoping it fits with what actually happened on T'Sone and Deathhowl's part of the story) (Edit: Not in this post, but in the next one)

"Then you don't know what happened up here..." Najmah breathed out. She glanced to Moonpelt to make sure he was asleep. "I'll get right to the point. If your birth parents lived here, they don't anymore. No one... Well, barely anyone does anymore. To be perfectly honest, you're probably better off going back where you came from."

((His name is Korvo, I changed it a long time ago and told no one so no worries lol *patpat* ))

Aimarra kept a neutral expression but her eyes were watery and distressed. "Wha-? What happened up here?"

26 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:(Alrighty, the information Najmah's about to give Aimarra is subject to change. The main idea will stay the same, but certain details can be changed because I am making stuff up as I go and hoping it fits with what actually happened on T'Sone and Deathhowl's part of the story) (Edit: Not in this post, but in the next one)

((His name is Korvo, I changed it a long time ago and told no one so no worries lol *patpat* ))

Aimarra kept a neutral expression but her eyes were watery and distressed. "Wha-? What happened up here?"
(Oh ya! You actually mentioned that a while ago! I remembered it started with a K. Lol I thought you also said he goes by Deathhowl, but I dunno XP)

(Oky, so it's this part that's subject to some changed depending on his actual backstory. I'm just going off of a headcanon since I don't know much about him. And T'Sone XD) (Also, we all know Najmah's strong-suit isn't with words per-say, so this next part where she's giving a history lesson may seem out of character for her. But this will be an exception, because this one piece of history is something she's obsessed over for a long time. For obvious reasons, I think.)

Najmah ducked her head with her ears lowering to her temples. Though it could not be seen through the darkness of night, frost billowed from her mouth as she let out a long breath.
"Massacre," she finally spoke, her tone growing rough with the last sound of the word. "Many massacres."

"The Alpha T'Sone that I mentioned before... Her pack used to be two of the three major packs that ruled the Northern Mountains. These three packs were each like three separate kingdoms. None of them compared to the birds of the southwest, or so I'd been told, but they were a pretty big deal up here. And they'd been around for a long time too."

"When T'Sone was still the heiress to her pack, one of the others, the smallest of the three packs, proposed a union. Her father, the Alpha at the time, accepted. T'Sone and the heir of that pack became mates, their packs became one, and T'Sone was named Alpha over them all. She was a good leader. She was reserved, but hard-working, cunning, and a mind solely for her pack. Everyone believed in her, so much that it was said conflicts with the third and strongest major pack would be brought to an end through her."

"In a way... They were right."

"Some years later, T'Sone's personality changed. She became...violent. Violent towards her enemies in the opposing pack-who were practically at war with her-and violent towards her own wolves as well. She was no longer fit to be Alpha, but she refused to relent her power. And then one day, she took her best and most loyal wolves, led them to the enemy pack's main camp, and completely wiped them out. That was her first massacre. Many wolves from the destroyed pack fled, but T'Sone ordered her wolves to hunt them down and kill them so that pack would never be reformed. When T'Sone led them back to her own pack, and it was made known what she had done, everyone was horrified. But any plans that had been made to force the Alpha into retirement dissipated, knowing if they tried, they would be killed just like the pack that had once been the strongest in the Northern Mountains. So instead, more than half of her pack deserted her. Some left on their own, but a good number of them stayed together. And instead of fleeing the mountains, they swore to fight against T'Sone to prevent another massacre from happening again. And they probably would have succeeded, if they had acted quickly. But again, T'Sone ordered her remaining wolves to hunt down the dissenters. And then after learning of the rebel wolves' mission, she headed North to the coldest part of the mountains, where criminals of the packs had been banished to over the years. She found a pack of these criminals, who were toughened by the extreme weather up there, killed the leader, formed a pact with the second in command, and brought them all back to her camp. And after the rest of her wolves regrouped, she took them all and went on a hunting spree."

"Despite the 'kingdoms' having existed, there were still a lot of wolves that lived up here. There were many packs of Alpha pairs and their offspring, and maybe larger groups here and there. T'Sone... She did not want the rebels to gain allies. So she led her wolves on a conquest throughout these mountains and killed everyone she came across."

"I'm sorry. ...Whoever your parents were... If they lived here..."

27 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:55 pm

The Great Random Member

Tiger
    And then a mysterious wolf shrouded in darkness with eyes of fire and a snarl that put fear into the stones appeared, offering these words: "The answers you seek are not the ones that will satisfy you. You must first find the latter offspring of the tranquility of the death of sound, and help him spill the blood of shadows upon the ice where the sky burns. Only then will the true knowledge be opened to you, and only then may you pass into the realm of the Otherwhere."

28 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:24 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Earth's Eco wrote:    And then a mysterious wolf shrouded in darkness with eyes of fire and a snarl that put fear into the stones appeared, offering these words: "The answers you seek are not the ones that will satisfy you. You must first find the latter offspring of the tranquility of the death of sound, and help him spill the blood of shadows upon the ice where the sky burns. Only then will the true knowledge be opened to you, and only then may you pass into the realm of the Otherwhere."
Najmah stared it this wolf for exactly three seconds. Then somehow, despite being a wolf, she suplexed him into the ground. Then she grabbed him by the nape of his neck and threw him in a swirling vortex that just appeared.

"GTFO, I have no time for your stupid mystical bull-huey!!" she yelled after the booted wolf.

A young adult female human leaned out of yet another newly opened vortex. "Sorry about her!" she yelled after whoever that wolf was.

29 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Ruki

Wolf
"I know..." Aimarra said woefully. "I-I didn't know politics would be so complex here..." A long silence passed before Aimarra sighed. "But even if there's still a chance, I'm willing...."

30 Re: TW: Adventures Untold II on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:58 pm

Wildwing

Admin
"Politics?" Najmah repeated incredulously. There were a number of things she had expected Aimarra to say. Calling Najmah a liar for one, asking why T'Sone became the way she did for another. But politics was not one of those things. Not by a longshot.
However, it somehow helped Najmah. Up until that point, she had been consumed by awful feelings of guilt that twisted her insides. But, maybe because she had been so thrown off, those feelings were gone now. Somehow, she even felt hopeful for the younger wolves in front of her.

"...I guess there might be a chance," Najmah softly stated, "I think that your birth parents sent you down that river to save your life, if T'Sone attacked your pack. But it's possible that they escaped either to the east or far south. Or maybe, if you're really lucky... Well, I guess luck has been on your side this whole time. It's good you came here when you did. T'Sone's pack was disbanded just a few days ago, so you won't have to be worried about getting captured or killed up here."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum