"Against the darkness, there must a1way5 be a light." -- Tyrin
"The lone wo1f is strong, but nothing compares to 7he might of the pack." -- Drellan
"Strength i2 not everything. Wars can be won at the banquet table, and a single blade of grass can ripple the who1e pond." --Kale
"There is no order without chao5, no good without evil, and no light without shadow. It's knowing the spaces between that gets you results." -- Syrune
"Honor before v1ctory, and victory be2ore death." -- Kelldan
" ... " -- Silence
"Every choice you make has consequences. 3ut every choice you make against me has even worse ones." -- Agathar
"Life is full of secrets. The more you try and unr8vel, the more questions you will find." -- Dalkota
"I am the whispers you hear in the dark. I am the shiver that comes in Autumn nights. I am the eyes you think are watch9ng, and I am the fear that takes all great warriors." -- Zarrock
"An enemy is a friend you hold a grudge against. If we would only for9ive each other, enemies would not exist. Only friends who are just as flawed as you and me." -- Rose
"In my defense, I was left unsupervised." -- Finnican
"Dishonesty doesn't mean you are lying. It means you are hiding the complete truth through lies, or partial-truths, or avoiding the subject altogether." -- Rinka
BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Great Random Chat Thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 34]

121 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Jaystep

Admin
@SilverstarWarrior wrote:I FINALLY POSTED SOMETHING. AND I'M RATHER PROUD OF IT. 

That took far longer than I expected, I've been sitting here writing for a while. Sorry for the wait
Yay! Wacko 

Don't worry about the wait, that was a much bigger post than expected. Nice work! It was worth the wait! Smile 

And hey, I also have news for you! I'm sending you a PM in a minute that you will WANT to read! Wild and I were discussing how to make the plot better, and we decided that if everyone knew different big twists or secrets for later on, the content would be better because your characters could react and hint at them too. So, I told Wild some more-or-less juicy bits yesterday, and Ruki knows too much already, so it's your turn! And I'm dropping the big ones on you! You'll get one about Syrune, and one about Kelldan.

Sorry Wild, Silver's secrets are bigger. XD I have to equal out that wolf-thing I told you about. Wink

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

122 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Jaystep

Admin
Boom. Not a word of that get's out, right Silver? 

*pretends to zip mouth* Lol

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)

123 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:35 pm

SilverstarWarrior

Bear
Cool!! Very Happy I'll go read that right now! Sorry Wild, my secrets are bigger Lol though I'm curious about that wolf thing....

124 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:47 pm

SilverstarWarrior

Bear
You were NOT kidding when you said they were big secrets. Wow. I did not expect them at all

125 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:58 pm

Jaystep

Admin
@SilverstarWarrior wrote:You were NOT kidding when you said they were big secrets. Wow. I did not expect them at all
Lol I feel so much better now that it's out to at least one other person. And yeah, there's more too! There are some big things that will shock you too!

126 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:11 pm

SilverstarWarrior

Bear
@Jaystep wrote:
@SilverstarWarrior wrote:You were NOT kidding when you said they were big secrets. Wow. I did not expect them at all
Lol I feel so much better now that it's out to at least one other person. And yeah, there's more too! There are some big things that will shock you too!
If they're anything like what I know now, I'll definitely be shocked Lol

127 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:55 am

Wildwing

Admin
Aw man, now I'm really curious! XD Nice Silv! That's awesome! Wacko Don't tell me anything! I'm dying to know what you know, but don't say a word! Not even if I try to cleverly try to get you to spill something. Which I won't! Because... *glances over nervously*

Characters: *glaring threateningly*

^.^' Ya...

But in all seriousness, isn't this great?! We all know different things and can contribute to plot, and at the same time we'll all still be surprised by plot twists! This is awesome! Wacko

Najmah {A Mighty Wolf/My firstborn} ~ Rinka {Phoenix/Falcon/Queen} ~ Rose {Magi/Wolf} ~  Fayru {Magi/Falcon} ~ Nykoru {Phoenix/Falhawk} ~ Finnican {Completely Normal, aka Nothing special and will never be a Phoenix/Falcon} ~ ??? {Shade who has yet to be introduced} ~ Abanak {Shade/Eagle/Lieutenant} ~ Thalak {The only Grizzly Bear of the ROA herd} ~ Yanuvik {Wolf who hasn't been formally introduced yet} ~ Dante {Another Wolf who hasn't been introduced yet/the 'black sheep' of his pack} ~ Kodi {Wolf who will be introduced soon...ish}

⬥︎♒︎⍓︎ ♎︎□︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ⬧︎◆︎◻︎◻︎□︎⬧︎♏︎ ⧫︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ⬥︎□︎●︎♐︎ ⬥︎♏︎■︎⧫︎ ♓︎■︎⬧︎♋︎■︎♏︎✍︎
♓︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎■︎&︎ ⬧︎♒︎♏︎ ♐︎♓︎■︎♋︎●︎●︎⍓︎ ♋︎♍︎♍︎♏︎◻︎⧫︎♏︎♎︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎ ✂︎⧫︎❒︎◆︎♏︎ ■︎♋︎⧫︎◆︎❒︎♏︎✂︎

128 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:25 am

Jaystep

Admin
Lol Yeah, this is awesome! 

Kale: Jay's sanity actually has improved with the lessening of some secrets. As long as he doesn't tell anyone mine, I won't have to kill him. 

.... Lol Nice one Kale! Like you could hurt anything!

Kale: ... *narrows eyes* 

Moving on! I'll post Dalkota things in a bit, but you'll wish I hadn't. XD The group is about to get a real good laying into! Chastized like they got an F on a report card. Dalkota's gonna yell at them for 20 min straight. XD They really blew it this time!

129 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:21 pm

Jaystep

Admin
Kale: Sweet quote, Rose. I mean, it's entirely incorrect, but... the sentiment is nice, I suppose. Smile

130 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Jaystep

Admin
8 PM CT SUNDAY NIGHT
DON'T MISS EPISODE 2 OF LIS
RUKI'S JUST CAUSE 3 SHENANIGANS
AND A 7:30 PM CT PRE-SHOW WITH ONE HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT

Kale: Get your popcorn folks! And don't miss the pre-show! Wacko We've got a pyrotechnic light show, live music, food bar--

Drellan: No no no, we're not doing that. None of that! Just a regular livestream, but Jays gonna announce the big thing a half an hour before while playing Just Cause 3.

Kale: What?! But I- I got the itinerary all printed out and-

Drellan: Yeah that's all wrong. Moonpelt wrote that.

Kale: .... I should have known. Is that why it says "Frooty Pebblz" in crayon as the main course?

Last edited by Jaystep on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

131 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:24 am

Wildwing

Admin
Yay!! I can't wait! I'll definitely be here Sunday! Wacko

Najmah: Which is technically tomorrow. Also, seriously Moonpelt? -.-'

Razz

Rinka: I'm interested in the big thing Jay is going to annou-

Rose: Oh my gosh, Frooty Pebbles?! Wacko I love Frooty Pebbles!! They're so colorful and they make me happy!! ^.^

Najmah {A Mighty Wolf/My firstborn} ~ Rinka {Phoenix/Falcon/Queen} ~ Rose {Magi/Wolf} ~  Fayru {Magi/Falcon} ~ Nykoru {Phoenix/Falhawk} ~ Finnican {Completely Normal, aka Nothing special and will never be a Phoenix/Falcon} ~ ??? {Shade who has yet to be introduced} ~ Abanak {Shade/Eagle/Lieutenant} ~ Thalak {The only Grizzly Bear of the ROA herd} ~ Yanuvik {Wolf who hasn't been formally introduced yet} ~ Dante {Another Wolf who hasn't been introduced yet/the 'black sheep' of his pack} ~ Kodi {Wolf who will be introduced soon...ish}

♓︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎■︎&︎ ⬧︎♒︎♏︎ ♐︎♓︎■︎♋︎●︎●︎⍓︎ ♋︎♍︎♍︎♏︎◻︎⧫︎♏︎♎︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎ ✂︎⧫︎❒︎◆︎♏︎ ■︎♋︎⧫︎◆︎❒︎♏︎✂︎

132 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:22 am

Jaystep

Admin
@Wildwing wrote:Yay!! I can't wait! I'll definitely be here Sunday! Wacko

Najmah: Which is technically tomorrow. Also, seriously Moonpelt? -.-'

Razz

Rinka: I'm interested in the big thing Jay is going to annou-

Rose: Oh my gosh, Frooty Pebbles?! Wacko I love Frooty Pebbles!! They're so colorful and they make me happy!! ^.^
Lol That's good Rose! I'm sure if you ask nicely, Wild could get you some. 

Rinka, you'll love it. Wild, even more so. I may be over-hyping it a bit, but I think it's gonna be awesome. Before you get all freaked out with excitement, I'll say it's not a movie/TV series (yeah because I could totally keep that a secret for a year XD) and it's not a new RP (we haven't really started the one we're on now lol). And it's different than what Ruki is working on. All will be revealed tomorrow. Lol

133 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:11 am

SilverstarWarrior

Bear
Cool! I should be able to make it tomorrow! I just need to figure out what time that is for me

134 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:14 am

Jaystep

Admin
@SilverstarWarrior wrote:Cool! I should be able to make it tomorrow! I just need to figure out what time that is for me
For you: 8:30 pre-show shenanigans and announcement, 9 pm stream Smile

135 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:28 pm

Wildwing

Admin
@Jaystep wrote:Lol Yeah, this is awesome! 

Kale: Jay's sanity actually has improved with the lessening of some secrets. As long as he doesn't tell anyone mine, I won't have to kill him. 

.... Lol Nice one Kale! Like you could hurt anything!

Kale: ... *narrows eyes* 

Moving on! I'll post Dalkota things in a bit, but you'll wish I hadn't. XD The group is about to get a real good laying into! Chastized like they got an F on a report card. Dalkota's gonna yell at them for 20 min straight. XD They really blew it this time!

Oh gosh... Ya, I do not ever want to be in my character's place against Dalkota... ...So good luck guys! Smile

Najmah: Evil or Very Mad

Rose: Sad

Finnican: pale

Fayru: ...

136 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Wildwing

Admin
@Jaystep wrote:Kale: Sweet quote, Rose. I mean, it's entirely incorrect, but... the sentiment is nice, I suppose. Smile

Rose: confused Why is it incorrect? Oh no, did I say something wrong?! pale I made a mistake, didn't I? Oh no, I didn't make anyone feel bad, did I??? Sad

137 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Now that I had time and energy to reply to those... XD

Aw man, I'm so glad this week is over! Yesterday at work was the busiest day we had all summer! By the end of the day, the shake room looked as if a level 5 tornado decided to stop by and do the tango! So today, I'm going to be sleeping, lurking on the Internet, and sleeping before the livestream tonight. XD

138 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Jaystep

Admin
Lol *hugs Wild* That sounds terrible! But I'm glad you're here. Smile

Kale: uh... I didn'I- Nevermind Rose, I think I just read it wrong. I like it, now that I saw it fully. Smile

Drellan: *with gun at Kale's back* Smile Oh, that's nice! See what happens when you think clearly?

139 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Wildwing

Admin
*hugs back* Thanks! I'm glad to be here! Smile

Rose: Wacko Yay!! I'm so glad you like it, thank you!! *hugs Kale* Wacko

*looks at Drellan* Pff-! Lol I should not be laughing right now! ...How is he even holding that?

140 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Jaystep

Admin
@Wildwing wrote:*hugs back* Thanks! I'm glad to be here! Smile

Rose: Wacko Yay!! I'm so glad you like it, thank you!! *hugs Kale* Wacko

*looks at Drellan* Pff-! Lol I should not be laughing right now! ...How is he even holding that?
Drellan: *looks at Wild like 'want to find out?' *

Kale: *forced smile* Smile

141 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Wildwing

Admin
*looks at Drellan like "Nope I'm good thanks!"* ^.^'

142 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Jaystep

Admin
.... *pokes head in room*  Sly .... *leaves* .... *distant sound of things falling over* Don't come out here! Getting things ready for the announcement! 

Kale: ! I should be doing that too! *flutters off*

Drellan: Wai- .... 0.0 ... *hides gun* Smile

143 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Wildwing

Admin
O.O Lol Alrighty! I'll just wait here then-

Najmah: *pokes head out of room* *confused look on face* What the-?

Najmah, he said DON'T come out here! XD

144 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Jaystep

Admin
@Wildwing wrote:O.O Lol Alrighty! I'll just wait here then-

Najmah: *pokes head out of room* *confused look on face* What the-?

Najmah, he said DON'T come out here! XD
*sprays with squirt bottle repeatedly* OUT OUT OUT!

145 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:36 pm

Wildwing

Admin
Najmah: *splutters and jolts at the sprayed water* OKAY OKAY STOP!! *jumps back in room* Mad What the heck Jay?!

*bursts out laughing*

146 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Jaystep

Admin
The pre-show has begun!

And I'm denying Ruki of McDonalds because I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl

147 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Wildwing

Admin
@Jaystep wrote:The pre-show has begun!

And I'm denying Ruki of McDonalds because I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl
Okie dokie-

What the? XD Jay, don't deny Ruki of McDonalds! Gosh, you are as cruel as you are sissy! Lol

148 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Jaystep

Admin
After work I lay in a tub of marinara sauce and pretend I'm a meatball and cry to the High School Musical soundtrack

149 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Wildwing

Admin
OMG X;D

150 Re: The Great Random Chat Thread on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Jaystep

Admin
First Look at The Wild RPG

Three months ago, I came up to Ruki and halfheartedly proclaimed "Let's make a video game!" She nearly laughed, but I was completely serious. I had done my research and found some programs that were affordable, easy to use, and simple to learn. I pitched my case, won her over, got her to agree to help, and the game was on. 

When I first sat down to create The Wild RPG I had so many ideas and I didn't stop working the first day from the moment I got the programs installed till I was almost late for work. I was, and am, so passionate about this project. Everything you're about to hear and see is not final, as we are very early in development, but I've played games my whole life, and I've been building this world with you guys since halfway through High-School-- You will not be disappointed.

Built in the style of classic GameBoy or computer Zelda RPGs, The Wild RPG is a top down fully explorable adventure. You'll create your own character, choosing between one of several classes (species) and you'll be along for the ride through the entirety of ALL of The Wild's past and future plot. I wanted first and foremost to immortalize everything we've done through this time together forever in this game. Not only will you get to re-experience all of the story, but you can change the course of events. Not everyone will have the same story. What if Tyrin never fell for Rinka? What if you joined Zarrock? The choices are yours to make, and they are nearly endless. In the style of classic RPGs, you'll be able to recruit and assemble your own team of 3 followers, making your own group to face the trails ahead. You'll be able to switch out these team members, interact with them, and complete optional Loyalty Quests for them all back at your Den or Hollow. As is typical The Wild fashion, you will also have the ability to form meaningful relationships with the Heroes, be it platonic or otherwise. In addition to the possibility of romance, you'll also need to complete these Loyalty Quests to improve your follower's friendship levels with you, and for that they will improve in battle, and maybe even unlock secret dialogue options to solve story points.

Speaking of battling, The Wild RPG includes a full leveling and skill tree mechanic. Choose your path between one of three for your class, and learn new moves or skills each other level. At the start, you'll be able to choose between Feline, Canine, or Bird of Prey. Each basic class will let you choose different species within that class, and all classes can follow one of three skill paths. For example, if you picked Canine you would then choose between creating a Wolf, Fox, Hyena, or Wild Dog. Regardless of choice, you'll then through leveling start down your chosen skill path. For Canines you'll choose between Swift, Bruiser, or Healer. Swift Canines prefer speed over power, and have abilities like Dash, which lets them attack first no matter the enemy type. Bruisers are the powerhouses of the battlefield, and have abilities like Head Bash, which stuns an enemy for two moves. Healers are a supporting class. What they lack in physical damage they make up for in Healing abilities, using medicine and herbs to keep the fighters alive. They can also use moves like Inspiring Howl, which increases the damage of all team members by 10% for the rest of the battle. There are a lot more classes and abilities, but we'll delve into that after more work has been done.

Quests are the core mechanic of any RPG and that has not been lost in this game. The story progresses through each Main Story quest you complete, but there are TONS of side and optional quests to do. You already heard about Loyalty Quests for your team, so now we'll talk about another great feature, Rift Quests. Hidden throughout the game in hard to reach places or through hidden dialogue options are things called Rift Quests. These are optional quests you can go on that drastically change the timeline. For instance, during your first meeting with Najmah in is (easily) possible to make her aggressive, pulling you into a battle you're not going to be able to win unless you have played the game a few times and are very good with your strategies. If you somehow win, she is killed in the fighting. After all, she's just attacked you like a villain, right? Naturally this would have dire consequences to future plot, so you're pulled into a Rift timeline where this has happened. You'll remain in this alternate timeline until the Rift Quest is complete. In this instance, since Najmah is dead Drellan, Rose, and Jury will be aggressive to you and your team now, so you have to kill them before they kill you. This is a great way to see those "what if" plots come to light. What if Drellan and Tyrin fought? What if Rinka was killed before she became a Phoenix? What if Moonpelt became a Shade? Through Rift quests you'll get to temporarily explore the worlds where some of these things have happened, but finding them is not going to be easy.

The Story will be played out through four Acts and multiple Chapters per Act. Act one will encompass the plot to find the Soul Key, Act two will involve meeting the wolf packs and T'Sone while the birds are imprisoned, Act three will include the time between then and when Reign of Ashes begins, and Act four includes the Reign of Ashes plot. You'll be able to explore the game at your own pace, and complete as many side quests as you like (such as the riveting Moonpelt Loyalty Quest "Bring me ALL the shinies!" in which Moonpelt sends you on a mundane quest to gather nice rocks, though things quickly become much more complicated) and you may fully explore any zone you have unlocked. Backtracking through past zones is a surefire way to get secrets, as you won't always be able to see and do everything in each zone right away. But be mindful, certain story events can lock you out of areas and quest lines if you progress too far without starting them. For example, "Mystery of the Rumbling Cave" cannot be completed after the Avalanche hits the Northern Mountains zone, as the cave will then be covered in snow. 

There are also very special end game Epic Quests with amazing things in store for each Species type. Birds of Prey will have an end game Epic Quest where after many trials you can become a Phoenix, with a new Phoenix form and abilities. Canines have an Epic Quest where they can become Alphas of their own pack, giving them extra Pack Abilities, and a more powerful Alpha form. Felines can harness the hidden power behind the Shade's magic, and control it to become Shades in their own, giving them Shade powers and a new Shadow Master form. These new forms will also unlock new dialogue options and dynamic new skill trees for your new Epic form, as well as open new Factions to join.

Yes, in addition to Followers, you can also pick Factions to join. These will open new Faction Quests with amazing rewards, but you may only choose one Faction at a time, and Defecting from a Faction will permanently lower your Reputation with the characters involved. Conversely, Heroes in your same faction will have increased Reputation and some Followers can only be unlocked by joining their Faction. 

Speaking of Heroes, these are the important characters you will interact with throughout the game. Each of these Heroes can be unlocked through various ways to become a Follower to use in battle. This is tracked by their Reputation levels, increased by Loyalty Quests, Faction Quests, or Story Quests. Lower the reputation too much, and the Followers will leave your Den/Hollow, keep them up and they will join you in battle.

Currently there are 25 planned Heroes for the game:

• Tyrin
  • Drellan
  • Rinka
  • Finnican
  • Najmah
  • Juryoku
  • Rose
  • Kale
  • Kurai
  • Jake
  • Sumire
  • Ambyra
  • Nykoru
  • K'Rule
  • Ninx
  • Moonpelt
  • Fayru
  • Silence
  • Syrune
  • Dalkota
  • Laluna
  • Khiarra
  • Brutus
  • Vaerona
  • Pike

(You might recognize some of your own characters on there... XD Don't worry! I want you all to help design them so I get everything right! We'll discuss all those particulars at another date, but don't be worried. You all will have a lot of involvement with your characters. We may even want you to write some Quests!) 

The game world will be fully explorable, spanning all the places you've seen through RP as well as brand new locations seen only in this game. Now, I know I've hit you with a lot of information, and there's so much more to tell. This is only a glance at the game to come, and remember that things can and may change between now and the game's release. Please feel free to ask me any questions and if I can answer them I will. Oh, and before I forget, because you all helped build this world you won't have to pay a single cent for this game. It's being formatted for the computer at the moment, but later on we are considering releasing the game as a full app on Google Play and the Apple Store. (You will all get it for free even if that's the case)

Below are some very very early screenshots of the game and some of the features. Screenshot one shows a bit of the game design for the Pridelands zone, number two is showing off some of the battle animations for a Thunder attack, (this is one of Dalkota's abilities, he can choose between different elements of Gryphon magic to specialize in through Loyalty Quests) Screenshot three shows some basic animation frame attacks for a certain Phoenix character, and screenshot four shows a bit of the dialogue in a Faction Quest. I wish we had more to share now, but we will in the near future. We'll be keeping you all updated as often as possible with the game's development process.

((ERROR 404))

Oh, and those quotes you've all been working on, those will be in the background of the Followers page for each character. Wink  I bet you all are reading this now, freaking out in the chat of the livestream (how will we stay focused for LIS Episode Two? XD) so I'm expecting a bunch of questions. Post them here so I can go through them during the Stream! (which is two days away as of the time I type this). I hope you all are as excited about this as I am! I look forward to seeing your reactions during the stream, and Ruki and I can't wait to let you explore all of The Wild again and again, Winter 2017. Reign of Ashes may be the final chapter, but The Wild will never end. Smile

Last edited by Jaystep on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum