"Against the darkness, there must a1way5 be a light." -- Tyrin
"The lone wo1f is strong, but nothing compares to 7he might of the pack." -- Drellan
"Strength i2 not everything. Wars can be won at the banquet table, and a single blade of grass can ripple the who1e pond." --Kale
"There is no order without chao5, no good without evil, and no light without shadow. It's knowing the spaces between that gets you results." -- Syrune
"Honor before v1ctory, and victory be2ore death." -- Kelldan
" ... " -- Silence
"Every choice you make has consequences. 3ut every choice you make against me has even worse ones." -- Agathar
"Life is full of secrets. The more you try and unr8vel, the more questions you will find." -- Dalkota
"I am the whispers you hear in the dark. I am the shiver that comes in Autumn nights. I am the eyes you think are watch9ng, and I am the fear that takes all great warriors." -- Zarrock
"An enemy is a friend you hold a grudge against. If we would only for9ive each other, enemies would not exist. Only friends who are just as flawed as you and me." -- Rose
"In my defense, I was left unsupervised." -- Finnican
"Dishonesty doesn't mean you are lying. It means you are hiding the complete truth through lies, or partial-truths, or avoiding the subject altogether." -- Rinka
BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (The Grove of Wardens)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
(Here we'll be posting rp related to the Grove storyline, this involves things happening in the Grove directly or things that involve the characters within.)






The way is lost... you shall not enter. Press your mark against the door, and prove your worth.



___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
So much death... even if they were murderers and thieves...


Tyrin sighed to himself as he stepped over bodies, careful not to leave any trace. He stood in the center of the main room at the former Silver-Star Tavern, where just two days before Syrune and the two younger Phoenix had killed almost 90% of the members of four different Assassin Gangs, including all four of the leaders. However, Tyrin wasn't all too interested in the death of a bunch of thugs, even regarding who it was that killed them. Instead, Tyrin was looking for any clues that might lead him to the owl who had passed the note intended for Rinka to Syrune. 

The former King of the Council had come here to search for who was spying on the Phoenix he loved, and to clear the air about the situation with his new Lieutenant, who had just landed outside.


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
The Brahminy Kite landed outside of the tavern, the scent of blood filled her nostrils as she stepped passed the broken doors and fluttered over the bodies of the two birds slain by the the door; she presumed they were guards of sorts.


They seemed surprised--like they had no idea what was about to happen to them, Khiarra took note of the faces of the two bodies she had first encountered. Gouged into the floor by them two corpses were slashes. Talons, she said, probably from this Syrune character, or those two hatchlings. 


Hearing the click of another set of talons snapped her attention to the sound, and her feathered smoothed back out. "Oh, it's just you sir." She straightened out more, her amber eyes focused on the hawk in front of her. "Why have you called me to this place?"

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
@Ruki wrote:The Brahminy Kite landed outside of the tavern, the scent of blood filled her nostrils as she stepped passed the broken doors and fluttered over the bodies of the two birds slain by the the door; she presumed they were guards of sorts.


They seemed surprised--like they had no idea what was about to happen to them, Khiarra took note of the faces of the two bodies she had first encountered. Gouged into the floor by them two corpses were slashes. Talons, she said, probably from this Syrune character, or those two hatchlings. 


Hearing the click of another set of talons snapped her attention to the sound, and her feathers smoothed back out. "Oh, it's just you sir." She straightened out more, her amber eyes focused on the hawk in front of her. "Why have you called me to this place?"
Tyrin had heard her approach, but kept his back turned as he rolled one of the bodies over to see their face. Dissatisfied with the results, he rolled the dead falcon back over and shook his head lightly when Khiarra spoke. 

"I need your help, searching bodies. The others were busy." He answered, a bit curtly as he continued his work.


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:The Brahminy Kite landed outside of the tavern, the scent of blood filled her nostrils as she stepped passed the broken doors and fluttered over the bodies of the two birds slain by the the door; she presumed they were guards of sorts.


They seemed surprised--like they had no idea what was about to happen to them, Khiarra took note of the faces of the two bodies she had first encountered. Gouged into the floor by them two corpses were slashes. Talons, she said, probably from this Syrune character, or those two hatchlings. 


Hearing the click of another set of talons snapped her attention to the sound, and her feathers smoothed back out. "Oh, it's just you sir." She straightened out more, her amber eyes focused on the hawk in front of her. "Why have you called me to this place?"
Tyrin had heard her approach, but kept his back turned as he rolled one of the bodies over to see their face. Dissatisfied with the results, he rolled the dead falcon back over and shook his head lightly when Khiarra spoke. 

"I need your help, searching bodies. The others were busy." He answered, a bit curtly as he continued his work.

The kite frowned. "You called me ALL the way out here to Light knows where here in the Muckwaters to roll over dead birds!?" She took a step over to the hawk whose back was turned to her. "You haven't spoken to me in DAYS and--" the kite let out a sigh and furrowed her brow. "Fine."

She took a deep breath, trying not to get so flustered.

"Where do you want me start?" she said, the question ended in a snappy tone.

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
@Ruki wrote:
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:The Brahminy Kite landed outside of the tavern, the scent of blood filled her nostrils as she stepped passed the broken doors and fluttered over the bodies of the two birds slain by the the door; she presumed they were guards of sorts.


They seemed surprised--like they had no idea what was about to happen to them, Khiarra took note of the faces of the two bodies she had first encountered. Gouged into the floor by them two corpses were slashes. Talons, she said, probably from this Syrune character, or those two hatchlings. 


Hearing the click of another set of talons snapped her attention to the sound, and her feathers smoothed back out. "Oh, it's just you sir." She straightened out more, her amber eyes focused on the hawk in front of her. "Why have you called me to this place?"
Tyrin had heard her approach, but kept his back turned as he rolled one of the bodies over to see their face. Dissatisfied with the results, he rolled the dead falcon back over and shook his head lightly when Khiarra spoke. 

"I need your help, searching bodies. The others were busy." He answered, a bit curtly as he continued his work.

The kite frowned. "You called me ALL the way out here to Light knows where here in the Muckwaters to roll over dead birds!?" She took a step over to the hawk whose back was turned to her. "You haven't spoken to me in DAYS and--" the kite let out a sigh and furrowed her brow. "Fine."

She took a deep breath, trying not to get so flustered.

"Where do you want me start?" she said, the question ended in a snappy tone.
Tyrin paused at her tone, not surprised but still feeling a little guilty. He let out a sigh of his own and set his talon back down, still not turning to face her. "We're looking to see if an owl died here. Just help me narrow down which bodies are Owl and of those, we're looking for white feathers. Just tell me if you find any... you can start upstairs."


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:The Brahminy Kite landed outside of the tavern, the scent of blood filled her nostrils as she stepped passed the broken doors and fluttered over the bodies of the two birds slain by the the door; she presumed they were guards of sorts.


They seemed surprised--like they had no idea what was about to happen to them, Khiarra took note of the faces of the two bodies she had first encountered. Gouged into the floor by them two corpses were slashes. Talons, she said, probably from this Syrune character, or those two hatchlings. 


Hearing the click of another set of talons snapped her attention to the sound, and her feathers smoothed back out. "Oh, it's just you sir." She straightened out more, her amber eyes focused on the hawk in front of her. "Why have you called me to this place?"
Tyrin had heard her approach, but kept his back turned as he rolled one of the bodies over to see their face. Dissatisfied with the results, he rolled the dead falcon back over and shook his head lightly when Khiarra spoke. 

"I need your help, searching bodies. The others were busy." He answered, a bit curtly as he continued his work.

The kite frowned. "You called me ALL the way out here to Light knows where here in the Muckwaters to roll over dead birds!?" She took a step over to the hawk whose back was turned to her. "You haven't spoken to me in DAYS and--" the kite let out a sigh and furrowed her brow. "Fine."

She took a deep breath, trying not to get so flustered.

"Where do you want me start?" she said, the question ended in a snappy tone.
Tyrin paused at her tone, not surprised but still feeling a little guilty. He let out a sigh of his own and set his talon back down, still not turning to face her. "We're looking to see if an owl died here. Just help me narrow down which bodies are Owl and of those, we're looking for white feathers. Just tell me if you find any... you can start upstairs."

You can start up stairs, Khiarra mocked Tyrin in her head as she headed up the stairs but then stopped in her tracks. She turned to look at the hawk. "So what? We're not going to talk about what happened the other night?" she nearly hissed, her emotions were hard to keep in check. She as angry, and this new fire burning inside her was making it more difficult to control her temper.

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
Tyrin clenched his talons at first at her retort, getting a spark of frustration himself before forcing his temper to relax. The red-tail closed his eyes for a moment before opening them with a flash of regret as he scanned the floor. He turned finally to face Khiarra, feathers starting to prickle. "There's nothing to talk about. Nothing happened."


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
"Nothing happened?!" she said, almost in disbelief. "EVERYTHING happened!" she started taking steps towards him. "You don't understand! That wasn't just something I decided on the whim to do tha-that took every fiber of my confidence to do!" Her eye were shiny with her passion as she stared the hawk. She clamped her beak shut and closed her eyes and took a breath. "You found me scared of my own shadow and... it's complicated." She turned back to the stairs and took another deep breath. "I'm sorry about my outburst... sir..." and she fluttered up the stairs to start investigating the other rooms.

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
@Ruki wrote:"Nothing happened?!" she said, almost in disbelief. "EVERYTHING happened!" she started taking steps towards him. "You don't understand! That wasn't just something I decided on the whim to do tha-that took every fiber of my confidence to do!" Her eye were shiny with her passion as she stared the hawk. She clamped her beak shut and closed her eyes and took a breath. "You found me scared of my own shadow and... it's complicated." She turned back to the stairs and took another deep breath. "I'm sorry about my outburst... sir..." and she fluttered up the stairs to start investigating the other rooms.
Tyrin kept his beak shut as she went off on him. He knew everything she was saying was true but... Everything was so complicated. He had no idea how to feel or react. 

I should have been more careful. I should have seen how close she was getting to me... Why, why did I let her kiss me? It makes me sick... But at the same time...


Tyrin shook the thoughts from his head, turning back to the carved countertop. He stared for a moment at the pile of overturned mugs that rested next to him. With a swipe of his wing he knocked them off of the bar with a flash of hatred. Perhaps at the mess, perhaps at himself.


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
After the entire first floor was checked, Tyrin began to understand how futile his task was. The owl had either left before, or died somewhere else. He toyed with the Key around his left ankle for a moment, not sure if he wanted to avoid going upstairs or if he needed to more than anything else. Eventually he steeled himself and shook his head lightly. Khiarra was his second-in-command, he couldn't risk a feud between them. And so finally, he spread his wings and fluttered up the set of nearby stairs, doing his best to avoid the dead hawk at the top.


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
Khiarra was carefully studying the talon marks on the neck of a dead eagle when the click of Tyrin's talons on the floor. She turned to look at him and remained silent. Her eyes were somber and her slumber posture gave away the fact she was still brooding over earlier's argument.

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
@Ruki wrote:Khiarra was carefully studying the talon marks on the neck of a dead eagle when the click of Tyrin's talons on the floor. She turned to look at him and remained silent. Her eyes were somber and her slumber posture gave away the fact she was still brooding over earlier's argument.
Tyrin paused after he landed, observing Khiarra for a moment to try and read her reaction. He tried his best to quell the war in his head and heart as he sighed softly, stepping over to her. What was the harm in talking?

"Hey... " He started softly, coming to stand beside her at the nearby window. "... You're right... we do need to talk about the other night... I'm sorry, really... for the way I reacted. I... Rinka is... "


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:Khiarra was carefully studying the talon marks on the neck of a dead eagle when the click of Tyrin's talons on the floor. She turned to look at him and remained silent. Her eyes were somber and her slumber posture gave away the fact she was still brooding over earlier's argument.
Tyrin paused after he landed, observing Khiarra for a moment to try and read her reaction. He tried his best to quell the war in his head and heart as he sighed softly, stepping over to her. What was the harm in talking?

"Hey... " He started softly, coming to stand beside her at the nearby window. "... You're right... we do need to talk about the other night... I'm sorry, really... for the way I reacted. I... Rinka is... "

Khiarra couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Why!?" she started, her frustration present in her voice. "You've only seen this falcon for only a few days total over the past eleven years!" She took steps towards him, her head tilted in curiosity. "Tell me, Tyrin, do you even remember why you love her?"

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
@Ruki wrote:
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:Khiarra was carefully studying the talon marks on the neck of a dead eagle when the click of Tyrin's talons on the floor. She turned to look at him and remained silent. Her eyes were somber and her slumber posture gave away the fact she was still brooding over earlier's argument.
Tyrin paused after he landed, observing Khiarra for a moment to try and read her reaction. He tried his best to quell the war in his head and heart as he sighed softly, stepping over to her. What was the harm in talking?

"Hey... " He started softly, coming to stand beside her at the nearby window. "... You're right... we do need to talk about the other night... I'm sorry, really... for the way I reacted. I... Rinka is... "

Khiarra couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Why!?" she started, her frustration present in her voice. "You've only seen this falcon for only a few days total over the past eleven years!" She took steps towards him, her head tilted in curiosity. "Tell me, Tyrin, do you even remember why you love her?"
Tyrin was completely stunned in place. His eyes widened a bit and he looked away in shock. He had no idea what to say or how to react to such a question... and that terrified him. He didn't have an answer. The point Khiarra was getting at scared Tyrin to his core, and he couldn't phrase much of a response even in his thoughts. One whole year he spent with Rinka, and eleven he spent without. As much as he tried to deny it... the fraction seemed so small when framed in that light. Did time really erode all those memories? Had he really forgotten? He remembered so much... the prison, the map room, crashing into her and her scream at Drellan's sight... But there was so much more he was terrified that he had lost. Does love fade? He could still feel her presence... a little... 

Do I remember why I love her?


Tyrin looked back at Khiarra, the pain evident in his eyes. "I... I don't know... "


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:Khiarra was carefully studying the talon marks on the neck of a dead eagle when the click of Tyrin's talons on the floor. She turned to look at him and remained silent. Her eyes were somber and her slumber posture gave away the fact she was still brooding over earlier's argument.
Tyrin paused after he landed, observing Khiarra for a moment to try and read her reaction. He tried his best to quell the war in his head and heart as he sighed softly, stepping over to her. What was the harm in talking?

"Hey... " He started softly, coming to stand beside her at the nearby window. "... You're right... we do need to talk about the other night... I'm sorry, really... for the way I reacted. I... Rinka is... "

Khiarra couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Why!?" she started, her frustration present in her voice. "You've only seen this falcon for only a few days total over the past eleven years!" She took steps towards him, her head tilted in curiosity. "Tell me, Tyrin, do you even remember why you love her?"
Tyrin was completely stunned in place. His eyes widened a bit and he looked away in shock. He had no idea what to say or how to react to such a question... and that terrified him. He didn't have an answer. The point Khiarra was getting at scared Tyrin to his core, and he couldn't phrase much of a response even in his thoughts. One whole year he spent with Rinka, and eleven he spent without. As much as he tried to deny it... the fraction seemed so small when framed in that light. Did time really erode all those memories? Had he really forgotten? He remembered so much... the prison, the map room, crashing into her and her scream at Drellan's sight... But there was so much more he was terrified that he had lost. Does love fade? He could still feel her presence... a little... 

Do I remember why I love her?


Tyrin looked back at Khiarra, the pain evident in his eyes. "I... I don't know... "

Her expression started to soften upon seeing the fear in Tyrin's eyes. "I don't think you love Rinka anymore," she started. "I think you love the idea of her--the companionship, the need to have something to fight for." The kite took a step closer, to where they were beak-to-beak almost. "I don't know what you were like eleven years ago, but I can tell Rinka made you feel whole then. I bet you're almost an entirely different hawk now." She lightly reached out with a wing and brushed it against his. "Maybe you need someone to fit this you, not the you from eleven years ago."

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
@Ruki wrote:
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:Khiarra was carefully studying the talon marks on the neck of a dead eagle when the click of Tyrin's talons on the floor. She turned to look at him and remained silent. Her eyes were somber and her slumber posture gave away the fact she was still brooding over earlier's argument.
Tyrin paused after he landed, observing Khiarra for a moment to try and read her reaction. He tried his best to quell the war in his head and heart as he sighed softly, stepping over to her. What was the harm in talking?

"Hey... " He started softly, coming to stand beside her at the nearby window. "... You're right... we do need to talk about the other night... I'm sorry, really... for the way I reacted. I... Rinka is... "

Khiarra couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Why!?" she started, her frustration present in her voice. "You've only seen this falcon for only a few days total over the past eleven years!" She took steps towards him, her head tilted in curiosity. "Tell me, Tyrin, do you even remember why you love her?"
Tyrin was completely stunned in place. His eyes widened a bit and he looked away in shock. He had no idea what to say or how to react to such a question... and that terrified him. He didn't have an answer. The point Khiarra was getting at scared Tyrin to his core, and he couldn't phrase much of a response even in his thoughts. One whole year he spent with Rinka, and eleven he spent without. As much as he tried to deny it... the fraction seemed so small when framed in that light. Did time really erode all those memories? Had he really forgotten? He remembered so much... the prison, the map room, crashing into her and her scream at Drellan's sight... But there was so much more he was terrified that he had lost. Does love fade? He could still feel her presence... a little... 

Do I remember why I love her?


Tyrin looked back at Khiarra, the pain evident in his eyes. "I... I don't know... "

Her expression started to soften upon seeing the fear in Tyrin's eyes. "I don't think you love Rinka anymore," she started. "I think you love the idea of her--the companionship, the need to have something to fight for." The kite took a step closer, to where they were beak-to-beak almost. "I don't know what you were like eleven years ago, but I can tell Rinka made you feel whole then. I bet you're almost an entirely different hawk now." She lightly reached out with a wing and brushed it against his. "Maybe you need someone to fit this you, not the you from eleven years ago."
For all that Khiarra was saying, Tyrin didn't want to listen. He did the only thing his brain would let him do to avoid that sort of question: he shut down. He couldn't even consider the possibility that he no longer loved his mate, it killed him even to think that. The more he stared into Khiarra's eyes, the more his mind went blank... and the more his mind went blank, the more he stopped thinking logically. Back to survival mode, his head was thinking without repercussions. Not about his mate or what she would think or say, but about how dazzling Khiarra's eyes looked in the midday sun. How delicately her feathers laid together to form her beautiful face...

Either gravity, fate, or some force within him began to move centimeters closer to her. She had come so close to his beak that now the distance seemed trivial. 
".... m-maybe.... "
He whispered softly, the air between them getting smaller by the second. Tyrin felt the heat flush in his face, her breath on his face, their beaks only the tiniest of space away from--

The Key around Tyrin's ankle erupted with light, humming lightly and causing Tyrin to jump a foot back with a surprised chirp. Dalkota's call.


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
Khiarra was startled by the sudden burst of bright light, her feathers still ruffled from the intense moment. "Well," she sighed, slightly frustrated with Dalkota for his interruption. "Duty calls. Let's go see what the gryphon needs, sir." The kite fluffed out her wings to flutter down to the tavern doors before waiting on Tyrin's orders to continue forward.

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
@Ruki wrote:Khiarra was startled by the sudden burst of bright light, her feathers still ruffled from the intense moment. "Well," she sighed, slightly frustrated with Dalkota for his interruption. "Duty calls. Let's go see what the gryphon needs, sir." The kite fluffed out her wings to flutter down to the tavern doors before waiting on Tyrin's orders to continue forward.
Tyrin's ruffled feathers started to settle when the kite headed downstairs. Still flustered over what had just happened, he took a moment to clear his throat before following. "Dalkota should open a Rift back to the Grove if he need us this bad... let's just hope Syrune isn't stupid enough to follow that note... she never could recognize a trap." 

He sighed, just as the golden light began to shimmer around them.


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
A moon had passed since Tyrin's investigation of the tavern, and in the time since he had barely spoken a word to Khiarra. Her challenges to him and his mate had thrown him off balance, and the terror that anything she said could be remotely true sent him barreling into work. He had not left the Grove since then, but doubled down instead on his training of the Phoenix Guard's newest recruits, doing his best to send as many assignments as he could towards Khiarra, anything to keep her from speaking to him again. Maybe he was angry at her, maybe he was just scared she was right... Either way, Tyrin had said very little to her, preferring instead to spend his time with Dalkota. 

The Guardian of Earth --having spent a considerable amount of time with Tyrin throughout the years since they met in the Ethyrium-- was keenly aware of Tyrin's emotional conflicts. It was why he intervened in the tavern when he did. While he wouldn't judge Tyrin's choices, he knew now was not the best time to make any.... also Tyrin and Rinka were his OTP. 
Knowing he had to keep Tyrin focused on leading the Phoenix, he obliged to all of Tyrin's 'hangouts' and honestly enjoyed the company. The two friends were taking a walk beside the large central pond when Tyrin noticed something that lifted his spirits.

"Hey, your necklace is back on!" Tyrin pointed out with a nod to the gryphon, glancing down at his talons to avoid a small rock.

"Wha- oh! Yes, it is." Dalkota shrugged with a smile, his cheerful dad-like voice bellowing with pride as he raised a paw to his chest. Hanging from a white-gold chain around the gryphon's neck were several small charms that resembled a key-ring. One, the largest, was a square piece of gold metal. The center of the square was missing a chunk that seemed to fit the Soul Key around Tyrin's ankle. Beside it, a small copper spyglass covered in runes. In addition, the chain also held several other trinkets, including a red feather in a tiny jar, a small dragon's tooth, and an insignificant plain silver rectangle.

"The Guardian's Tools," Tyrin quoted with a hint of admiration. "What, you gonna put your armor on next?" 

Dalkota's chuckle rumbled in his throat. "Perhaps... maybe not today." 

The pair stopped by the water's edge, and Tyrin looked back at his friend. He was quiet for a moment before he looked back to the pond. The gears turned in his mind as he wondered about the Guardian fetching his tools. "... You're going back again?"

Dalkota didn't answer at first, breathing deeply and poking the water with an absentminded paw. He watched the ripples move to the edges of the pond before clearing his throat. "Soon. But not yet. I won't leave till everyone is back here and safe... but after that, I'll need to try. It's been three seasons since the last time I updated the Hierarch's about Agathar's breech. With any luck, they may assign me some more help. I hope, at least, it works out as well as last time. They granted us the right to a Phoenix Guard, after-all.... maybe they'll let me use something else too. We have a lot more at our disposal, if only they'll give me access to the other artifacts. Maybe make some Frost-Hounds."

Tyrin churred, "Yeah, Drellan with Ice Magic. That'd be a sight! His mate's got a frigid enough heart to begin with." 

Dalkota snorted. "Don't talk bad about my Najmah. I have seen literally thousands of wolves hold their own in combat-- none of them compare to what she can do when family is on the line."

"Yeah, she's alright... She got warmer after Raiya." Tyrin admitted with a shrug.


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
A small cry echoed through the night as a tiny falconet fluttered through the breeze. The small bird landed in a nearby bush to be eye-level with Dalkota, because on her own she would barely be up to Tyrin's thigh. The Collared Falconet, a fiesty little demon named Ki, looked on at the pair with a hard look on her face.

Ki folded her wings neatly before speaking. "Tyrin, Lynn finally managed to find that thing you asked him to find..... a moon cycle ago....." the little bird ruffled up a bit. "You probably have another moon cycle to get back to camp but I figured you'd want to know." Ki ended her statement with a nod before staring back at Tyrin, the look on her face was one of angst and seething determination and it was hard to tell if she was purposely scowling or not.

Jaystep

avatar
Admin
@Ruki wrote:A small cry echoed through the night as a tiny falconet fluttered through the breeze. The small bird landed in a nearby bush to be eye-level with Dalkota, because on her own she would barely be up to Tyrin's thigh. The Collared Falconet, a fiesty little demon named Ki, looked on at the pair with a hard look on her face.

Ki folded her wings neatly before speaking. "Tyrin, Lynn finally managed to find that thing you asked him to find..... a moon cycle ago....." the little bird ruffled up a bit. "You probably have another moon cycle to get back to camp but I figured you'd want to know." Ki ended her statement with a nod before staring back at Tyrin, the look on her face was one of angst and seething determination and it was hard to tell if she was purposely scowling or not.
A churr formed in the base of Tyrin's throat as he regarded the little bird, his eyes bright as he shook his head. "I don't even remember what I asked him for..."


___________________________________________
Characters

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)
______________

"Always remember that power is a double edged blade. One side light and the other dark. It calls to you when you are most desperate, when victory seems worth any sacrifice. There is a price to be paid for such a gift, and many eagerly accept the bargain. The righteous and the meek may recoil at its cost, but they have no vision. Power alone is not to be feared, fear instead those who wield it." - Jaina Proudmoore (Knights of The Frozen Throne)
http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

avatar
Wolf
@Jaystep wrote:
@Ruki wrote:A small cry echoed through the night as a tiny falconet fluttered through the breeze. The small bird landed in a nearby bush to be eye-level with Dalkota, because on her own she would barely be up to Tyrin's thigh. The Collared Falconet, a fiesty little demon named Ki, looked on at the pair with a hard look on her face.

Ki folded her wings neatly before speaking. "Tyrin, Lynn finally managed to find that thing you asked him to find..... a moon cycle ago....." the little bird ruffled up a bit. "You probably have another moon cycle to get back to camp but I figured you'd want to know." Ki ended her statement with a nod before staring back at Tyrin, the look on her face was one of angst and seething determination and it was hard to tell if she was purposely scowling or not.
A churr formed in the base of Tyrin's throat as he regarded the little bird, his eyes bright as he shook his head. "I don't even remember what I asked him for..."

"I believe it was something regarding dragons or Shades or..." Ki let out a frustrated huff. "I don't even know."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum