A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

"Against the darkness, there must a1way5 be a light." -- Tyrin
"The lone wo1f is strong, but nothing compares to 7he might of the pack." -- Drellan
"Strength i2 not everything. Wars can be won at the banquet table, and a single blade of grass can ripple the who1e pond." --Kale
"There is no order without chao5, no good without evil, and no light without shadow. It's knowing the spaces between that gets you results." -- Syrune
"Honor before v1ctory, and victory be2ore death." -- Kelldan
" ... " -- Silence
"Every choice you make has consequences. 3ut every choice you make against me has even worse ones." -- Agathar
"Life is full of secrets. The more you try and unr8vel, the more questions you will find." -- Dalkota
"I am the whispers you hear in the dark. I am the shiver that comes in Autumn nights. I am the eyes you think are watch9ng, and I am the fear that takes all great warriors." -- Zarrock
"An enemy is a friend you hold a grudge against. If we would only for9ive each other, enemies would not exist. Only friends who are just as flawed as you and me." -- Rose
"In my defense, I was left unsupervised." -- Finnican
"Dishonesty doesn't mean you are lying. It means you are hiding the complete truth through lies, or partial-truths, or avoiding the subject altogether." -- Rinka
BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Main Page/Pridelands)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 24]

Jaystep

Admin
@Wildwing wrote:
@Jaystep wrote:
@Wildwing wrote:Where's Ki? I need her sass right now XD)

"You could have..." Again, with her words fading to breaths, Rinka raised and shook her head, shuffling in agitation before speaking again. "One sign. Any sign. Anything to let me know-even a note. You let me think you-for two and a half years after you came back!"

She wasn't shouting yet, but finally, she could feel her own anger. The feeling had died after igniting far too many times over her first year as Queen, only coming back now in immediate crisis. But in this moment, in this situation, as her mind continued reeling in all her thoughts, she felt a fire in her chest. She could almost imagine it using the decay surrounding her heart as its fuel.
She looked to Tyrin with this new fire and silently demanded he explain, and that he do so quickly.
A spark of anger flew into Tyrin's own eyes as she continued, there was so much she didn't know. "Rinka! Rinka! I couldn't. There was nothing I could do! Any change in your behavior caused by a visit from me, if anyone found a note that I'd left, if I had been spotted-- Rinka do you think so little of me that I would have done this to you, to myself, for no good reason at all? I need you to listen to me."

Tyrin had taken a step forward while he spoke, putting himself in range to touch her shoulders gently with his wings. "Agathar, Zarrock, all of them... they've been watching everything. They know everything that happens in your city, everything you think you've kept a secret, they know. Agathar has turned so many animals against you already. Non-shades. Almost undetectable.... He could destroy this place in a heartbeat but he won't. He wants you to come to him on your own."
At information that was new to her, some of which she had already suspected, Rinka stiffened. Then, with a frustrated growl, she lowered her chin and stared him down.

"Explain," she hissed. And then immediately realizing acting this way wasn't going to do her any favors, she stepped back and inhaled deeply through her nostrils. She was still furious, but sensing a horrible argument was imminent, she tried to be civil for both their sakes.

"I need you to explain everything from the day you came back. The good reason for letting me believe you were dead for three years, the plan that you didn't let me in on, how they've been watching me and how you know they've been watching me. Everything. Explain everything to me right now, and don't leave one detail out." "...Please."
Tyrin closed his eyes and sighed for a moment, shaking his head lightly. "I... I don't even know where to start...."

He nodded slowly and opened his eyes, pausing to clear his throat and calming down. "When I died, I met... something. Something from the Ethyrium, something from here, a God, a Demon-- I don't know what it was. But after I died I was stuck in some kind of empty space. A black void. I begged, I pleaded, I bargained my way back to life and when I woke up... Dalkota was there, and I was laying in a field. Dalkota is the Gryphon I told you about in all my stories from my time on Ethyrium. The very, very first thing I did was try and find you, but it had already been five moons since I had passed away. You had already grieved and healed. Dalkota advised me for the better to avoid contact, and at first I didn't listen at all.... I tried to contact you twice in the past two and a half years, and every time I thought I could do it... I couldn't risk it. We found out really early on that Agathar had already infiltrated your city. If I had so much as come near the place, someone would know. That dragon had the numbers, the muscle, and the fire to destroy the entirety of the Pridelands. You only got this far along because he allowed you to. The only thing we had to win this war was surprise. That's when Dalkota gave us the means to restore the Phoenix Guard. I spent the last two years finding birds who's bloodlines traced back to the ancient Guard. They had the strongest possibility of surviving the Fire, and it worked. Rinka, there used to be three Phoenix left alive... now there's fifteen. Dalkota wanted to wait for twenty or even more, but I couldn't wait anymore. If I had told you anything, if any word of this had gotten out, we would have lost the only edge-- the only thing that can win this war."

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)

Ruki

Wolf
(( *the breeze grows a little brisker and as it turns our, Khiarra and Ki were just cardboard cutouts--they topple over in the wind and they birds have noped out of there to grab Starbucks--left behind under a rock is a note that reads "Be back whenever, Ki"* ))

Wildwing

(Krono stares at the cardboard cut-outs and makes the 'srsly?' face. Then he just goes after them to get Starbucks, because man what a day)

Rinka felt she had more questions rather than actual answers now. But there was a lot to cover, so if anything, this was a good place to start. So the falcon took everything he had said, mentally listed topics of interest.

• The God/Demon
  • Dalkota
  • Her grieving and healing
  • The two attempts to contact her
  • Agathar's infiltration
  • The Phoenix Guard: Efficiency of the secret?
  • Do they still have that edge now that Tyrin has revealed himself?

Rinka then listed them in order from highest priority to lesser priority. As she did so, she knocked off two of the points for the time being and reformed some others.

• Agathar's infiltration
  • The Phoenix Guard
  • Saving the City: Part of the Plan?
  • Dalkota
  • God/Demon

As she gained information, she would do at least one of three things: 1. Move on to the next question, 2. Press for more information about the topic being discussed, 3. Add or remove other points to the topics she wished to discuss.

Rinka took in a deep breath and let it all out. She looked at Tyrin, her anger dissipated. She held a serious expression and began the interrogation.

"What are the details you have on Agathar's infiltration? Who are they he has sent, how many, and how were you able to obtain this information?" Her voice was civil as she questioned him.

Najmah {A Mighty Wolf/My firstborn} ~ Rinka {Phoenix/Falcon/Queen} ~ Rose {Magi/Wolf} ~  Fayru {Magi/Falcon} ~ Nykoru {Phoenix/Falhawk} ~ Finnican {Falcon/Completely Normal, aka Still won't be a Phoenix} ~ ??? {Identity Locked} ~ Abanak {Shade/Eagle/Lieutenant/Former Assassin} ~ Thalak {The only Grizzly Bear of the ROA herd} ~ Yanuvik {Wolf who hasn't been formally introduced yet} ~ Dante {Another Wolf who hasn't been introduced yet/the 'black sheep' of his pack} ~ Kodi {Wolf dad who has been introduced}

"The moon is beautiful." <-Look to The Rifts

#themoonisbeautiful

Jaystep

Admin
(*facepalm* let's maybe not drag this out to quite that extent, everyone else is waiting on us to rp again after all. I think all her bullet points can be discussed at various points throughout the story... I just don't want to spend another 3 weeks on Rinka's questions.)

Tyrin watched her carefully, unsure if she was really calming down or if she was just getting ready to ague again. He nodded slowly with her question. "From what we know, very few of the spies in your city are working for Agathar himself, only a handful of them at most. The rest are here on behalf of a third party. Apparently they struck some kind of temporary armistice deal with the dragon in exchange for information on you. They're some kind of reclusive... cult, for lack of better words. They're camped somewhere in the mountains to the West. Their leader wants to get rid of all things here from the Ethyrium... Dragons, Shades, Phoenix. That's about all we know about them. That, and the fact that Archeus has been spotted leaving their territory several times. As for how we know... Dalkota has a base of operations between here and the Ethyrium called the Grove of Wardens. From there we can see almost anything going on across the world. I don't really know much about the Grove, only that it exists between time and space, and has some degree of control over the Rifts that have been appearing. Which leads me to my next point... "

Tyrin paused, hesitating for a moment before taking a small step closer to Rinka in offer of comfort. An old habit, he realized and nearly corrected. His voice was soft, almost a whisper. "I'm not the only one who's still alive... Rinka... Fin and Fayru are out there. So are Kale, Drellan's pack, and... a-and we- ... Rinka, our... "

The hawk's voice cracked as he looked away, he hadn't said it out loud yet. Not even to himself. To stay strong, to stay on task, he hadn't even let himself think about them yet. A whirlpool of emotions raged in the hawk's heart, his eyes beginning to glisten as he finally looked back at her. His mind swayed like a storm as he thought. He knew the truth of their hatchlings, but to him it wasn't. He could tell Rinka the truth, but there was challenge in him. He told himself he wasn't even sure it was true yet, that he hadn't heard it from Syrune's own beak. And even if so, it wouldn't matter. It wasn't a lie when he finally opened his beak. Whatever she had done, no matter had been said, no matter who had raised them, there was nothing but truth and conviction when Tyrin spoke. Syrune had long since lost her chance.

"Nykoru and Ambyra... our son and daughter survived."

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes - Drellan (Wolf), Ambyra (Phoenix), Kale (Falcon), Raiya (Wolf), Syrune (Phoenix), Dalkota (Gryphon), Tyrin (Phoenix), Kelldan (Wolf), Agathar (Dragon), Spindle (Kahiir), T'Sone (Shade), Zarrock (Alpha Shade)

Myths and Magic - James Carter (Human, Mind Magic), Samuel Wright (Human, Tech Magic)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum